Martin Bjöörn has joined Niam as a Portfolio Manager and will focus on retail properties. With over 20 years of experience in the retail market Bjöörn will play an important role to seize the opportunities within the Nordic retail market.
“We are excited to welcome Martin Bjöörn to Niam. His extensive experience and proven leadership in commercial real estate markets will strengthen our ability to seize the opportunities within the Nordic retail market. Over the last two years, we have successfully acquired ten major retail properties, each with substantial potential. With Martin's addition, we are fortifying our organizational strength with a dedicated retail specialist and together we will continue to make sound decisions, prioritize wisely, and ensure the success of our investments”, says Rikard Henriksson, Managing Partner, Niam.
“I'm delighted to join Niam. My primary focus will revolve around Niam's ability to optimize our retail property portfolio within our funds and ensure that we make the right investments. Despite the current market landscape, my faith in the retail sector remains unwavering. Over the past 25 years, e-commerce has surged, yet a significant majority, 85% of the total turnover in retail, still takes place in physical stores. Of the remaining 15 percent nearly 8 percent are pick-ups in physical stores. This presents us with a good opportunity for growth in the property sector”, Martin Bjöörn comments.
Martin has always held a positive view of Niam, and in the 20s, he even worked at Niam during his studies. Back then, Niam was a small, pioneering force in the fund industry. Today, he returns to an established organization with a strong track and a growing platform now including both infrastructure and credit.
“It has been interesting to observe Niam's journey from a distance, and now I am truly anticipating joining the team. Working alongside these accomplished colleagues, I look forward to further developing the company and enhancing our portfolio of services.”
Bjöörn brings over 20 years of retail market experience to Niam. Prior to joining Niam Bjöörn was Senior Director for Stockholm North at Castellum where he led the real estate business. Earlier, Bjöörn was head of real estate portfolio management at Eurocommercial, a listed property investment company specializing in shopping centres in Europe. During his 15 years at Eurocommercial, he not only contributed to building the Swedish operations but also established a legacy of strategic foresight and sustainable growth.
Bjöörn pursued his education at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, majoring in Civil Engineering, and later he broadened his education within business development and marketing.
At Niam, we are committed to equity in action – as a leading real asset manager in northern Europe, we make a meaningful difference by putting capital to work. Building on more than 25 years of trusted experience and outstanding track record, we unite leading expertise to unlock smarter investments in real estate, infrastructure and credit strategies. We are a team of specialists with a passion to perform. While delivering better solutions for our stakeholders, we also thrive in creating sustainable value in our surrounding local communities. Niam has offices in Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo, Copenhagen and Luxembourg. For more information, please visit www.niam.com